Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Little Bit Mo... NLP

Hmmmmmm, So you want to know a little more about NLP? Ok - The short and sweet version is - this is something you likely already do, and just don't know it. NLP is the 'intentional use of words to achieve a desired outcome'. (This is my definition)

For example: You want Mom to fix your favorite pie for desert (she was planning on a cake), but you knew, just exactly what words to say, and how to say it to get what you wanted!! Right? Well, you were using NLP. For girls, kinda like having Dad wrapped around your little finger!!

All right, so you know you can do it! However, be advised, there is a lot more detail that goes with this and a keen sense of awareness. For me, this has been the greatest gift I have received, as it has taught me how to, with awareness, use the appropriate words to change my behaviors and my life. Am I perfect yet - ............(bleeped out) NO! There will always be another layer to the onion.

But guess what!! It was another KannDo for this Girl :)

9 comments:

John Raines said...

nlp is very interesting to learn about

Tess Anderson said...

Just popped in to say 'hey' around the block from you at FWU. I'm glad to learn a little bit about the KannDoGirl. FWU Rocks!!

askGerhard-Kaiser said...

Hello,
I never heard before fom NLP, but all clear now :-)
Nice to meet you!
Gerhard Kaiser Google me!

Wyverex said...

Ogres are like Onions...they have layers

Wavecritter said...

Kann DO! :)

mike jackson said...

Interesting I used to do that to my mom all the time!!

Michael Jackson

Ask Jim Lucier said...

will have to see if that works on my wife. Interesting information, glad I stopped and learned something new

Wyverex said...

"NLP is the 'intentional use of words to achieve a desired outcome'." Very intense!

Anonymous said...

nlp sounds quite interesting and yes my daughter has me wrap around her finger so I understand some of that nlp